I paid the fine , is it possible to extend my period of stay ?

• 최고관리자 (121.♡.204.119)
  • 03-08

I paid the fine , is it possible to extend my period of stay ?

We recently received a consultation from Mr. M , a migrant worker . After signing a 1 year and 10 month re-employment contract with the employer and receiving confirmation from the employment center , I applied for permission to extend the period of stay at the immigration office, but requested assistance, saying I was notified of rejection .

When I checked , I found out that Mr. M had been fined 1.5 million won for driving without a license a few months ago . This fact is bound to be notified to the immigration office , but they are not notified afterwards whether or not the fine has been paid . Therefore, when Mr. M applied for permission to extend his period of stay , he should have also submitted a certificate of payment of the fine .

Accordingly , we informed Mr. M that he must visit the local prosecutor's office, obtain a certificate of fine payment , and submit it to the immigration office. Shortly thereafter, he received news that his period of stay had been extended .

Since we often receive inquiries similar to this case , we would like to provide related information in the future .

First , if a foreigner staying in the country violates the law and is subject to criminal punishment , the immigration office will be notified of this fact . Afterwards , the immigration office will review and decide whether to grant the foreigner a stay permit based on the relevant processing standards . In other words, depending on the nature of the crime , whether it is habitual , whether a fine has been paid , whether there are humanitarian reasons, etc., the person may be required to leave the country , or permission to stay may be granted after a warning .

In this regard , we provide information on the generally known ' departure measures standards ' . If you need related consultation, please contact us at any time .

fine

( Immigration Control Act )

· First offense: 5 million won or more

· For repeat offenders, more than 7 million won ( summed within the last 3 years )

Fine

· First offense: 3 million won or more

· Total fines exceeding 5 million won within the last 5 years

· More than 2 times within the last 2 years or more than 3 times within the last 5 years

road traffic law

Special standards for violations

· A person who does not reach an agreement with the victim even if the fine is more than 3 million won or less than 3 million won

· A person who escapes after damaging an item without handling the accident, is fined, and has no compensation measures in place.

Supplementary standards

· A person who has been fined for anti-social offenses such as sex crimes or drugs

· Violent offenders involving violence such as assault , injury , and threats

· A person who has been sentenced to a fine for a repeat offense within 1 year from the date of receiving a suspended indictment ( including dismissal of indictment and deferred sentencing ) with no right to prosecution

· A person who is recognized as having habitual behavior , such as having received no right to prosecution or suspended indictment ( including dismissal of prosecution and suspended sentence ) more than 3 times within 5 years

자동등록방지 숫자를 순서대로 입력하세요.